“90%” of Banner Row Townhome Buyers Already Locust Point Residents

| November 23, 2021 | 0 Comments

Sales for Locust Point’s new Banner Row townhomes by 28 Walker and Ryan Homes are off to a hot start in large part because of buyers looking to stay in Locust Point. According to 28 Walker Owner Mark Sapperstein, “25 percent” of the 108 townhomes planned have been sold and “90 percent” of the buyers are coming from within the neighborhood.

“It makes sense,” said Sapperstein, noting residents of Locust Point who already have two-story rowhomes and children now have a “new product” to consider in the area.

The Banner Row homes are 2,500 to 2,600 sq. ft. and options are available for three to five bedrooms. The homes have a two-car garage and a parking pad, and are located adjacent to Francis Scott Key Elementary Middle School.

The model home and three additional spec homes, which were built and completed on E. Fort Ave. in time for the opening of sales in September, were sold immediately. Infrastructure work has been underway on the rest of the blocks and lots in the community. Sapperstein said the next round of townhome buildings will start construction this month.

Home construction takes 90 to 100 days.

The first handful of homeowners at Banner Row settled last week.

Sapperstein said there is a bit of a “back log” with sales as they await additional construction and homes to be available, but he said overall sales are going “extremely well.”

About the Author:

Founder and Publisher of SouthBmore.com, longtime resident of South Baltimore, and a graduate of Towson University. Diehard Ravens and O's fan, father of three, amateur pizza chef, skateboarder, and "bar food" foodie. Email me at [email protected] and follow me on Twitter at @SoBoKevin.
×